Hooray, it’s officially summer! Even though most people start their summer the second school lets out and temperatures reach above 80, June 21 officially marks the beginning of the summer season! So we’ve complied a summer bucket list, which includes all the must-dos, must-sees and everything in between.
1. Visit Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Ripley’s has five different attractions all under one roof. This summer they are celebrating 99 strange days of summer with events all summer long! Don’t miss on July 14, Ripley’s Oddest Talent Show.
2. Play a round of golf. Grand Prairie has multiple golf courses for every golfer. Try Prairie Lakes, which has Texas’ largest practice area or Tangle Ridge, which was voted as one of the state’s top public championship course.
3. Watch an AirHogs baseball game. This year the AirHogs are partnering with the Chinese Baseball Association and Shougang Sports for the 2018 season.
4. Explore the Grand Prairie Farmers Market. Find everything from fresh produce to homemade soaps and candles every Saturday 8 am – 1 pm.
5. Rent a kayak, canoe or boat on Joe Pool Lake. Enjoy the lake along with many other activities the lake parks have to offer.
6. Ride a slide at Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark. Have some major summer fun, rain or shine, at Epic Waters! Our newest 80,000 square foot attraction.
7. Spend the day shopping. Head out to the Grand Prairie Premium Outlets for over 110 stores and tons of savings, or stop by our new IKEA for all your household needs (or some delicious Swedish meatballs.)
8. Place your bets at Lone Star Park. Catch live thoroughbred racing every Friday – Sunday until June 22.
9. See a show at the historic Uptown Theater, which has been restored to its 1950’s glory and serves as home for local productions by Grand Prairie Arts Council.
10. Shop, eat and play at Traders Village. America’s #1 Marketplace features more than 3,500 vendors, 15 carnival rides and a wide variety of state fair style foods.
11. Experience an ultra first class competitive skate park for in-line skating, biking, skateboarding and more at Action Park Grand Prairie.
12. Visit the largest Asian grocery store in Dallas-Fort Worth, Hong Kong Market, located inside Asia Time Square.
13. Camp overnight at Loyd Park on Joe Pool Lake. Bring your tent, RV, or rent a cabin and enjoy the outdoors.
14. Experience a variety of entertainment from music concerts to comedy, to magic and corporate events at Verizon Theatre.
Photo Credit: @jasminealley